Driving Annual Sales Growth 133% with Digital Marketing
How does a small business take control of its e-commerce strategy to accelerate its growth? Success involved reinvigorating its brand, establishing a social media presence, and capturing more of the market with smart digital strategy.
INDUSTRY: DTC e-commerce
SERVICE AREA: National, with 20+ years in business
INDUSTRY SPECIALTY: Home Maintenance
YoY Sales Growth
Growth in Web Traffic
Monthly Site Visits
Founded by an inventor passionate about the product, this small business had relied for 20 years on resellers — including, in recent years, the Amazon and eBay marketplaces. But sales were flat. New leadership was ready to take on the challenge of a different business model — direct to consumer (DTC). The pandemic acceleration of digital purchases presented the ideal moment with potentially significant upside.
Company leadership needed a strategy to drive every aspect of its digital marketing, from its brand to a new e-commerce site, social media strategy, content, and campaigns. The client turned to the JRS Mar/Com team to lead the way.
Problems to Solve
- Establish digital marketing strategy
- Develop a brand
- Launch direct-to-consumer (DTC) e-commerce site
- Boost web traffic
- Establish social media channels and grow following
- Increase sales
- The new website helped the company increase site visits to 1,800 monthly, growing web traffic by 141% year over year
- The JRS Mar/Com team originated the company’s social media presence on five social channels
- Over the first 6 months, social engagement grew to 307 Facebook followers and over 4,000 YouTube views
- Campaign and social media engagement increased Amazon page visits and sales